Hey my loves! So you guys know we drop our Obsessions palettes every couple of seasons, and for fall 2020, I wanted to help you achieve looks that would balance the bold prints and opulent tones that we saw all over the A/W 2020 runways. So, we’ve created three stunning modern, moody palettes that will make dressing your eyes for fall easier and sultrier than ever before! Meet our Haze Obsessions eyeshadow palettes in Khaki, Sand and Purple – super versatile, so on-trend, and totally gorgeous!
Each palette is packed with nine ready-to-play shades and textures that allow you to achieve endless looks. Buttery mattes, creamy metallics, and shimmering toppers effortlessly blend together to create sexy smokey eyes, halo eyes, or beautiful ethereal looks for daytime. Soft muted hues lend themselves perfectly to chic street style looks and rich shades layer up beautifully for high impact glam so that as the sun sets, you can turn up the heat.
As always, when it comes to our formulas, we strive to do something new and innovative. Each palette is made up of three luxe textures:
Mattes: A highly pigmented, silky-to-the-touch formula that blends seamlessly on the lid.
Metallics: These creamy formulas have a multi-reflective foil-like texture that gives intense shine.
Shimmer Toppers: Sheerer than the metallics, these sparkling cream powders are baked using a mix of finely milled pearls, which can be used as a highlighter shade or as a topper to give a pearlescent glow to the lids.
We also have another formula found exclusively in the Khaki Haze palette: Our Khaki Duo Chrome Shimmer Topper. This new and innovative shade-shifting duo-chrome texture has a high-shine finish in a golden and olive-green metallic with a rosy pink shift.
I am OBSSESSED with this palette! It’s a gorgeous, earthy collection of khaki, olive, brown, desert tan shades with dusty peach-pink tones that are highlighted with bursts of golden, copper, and rosy light-filled shimmers. I love that this can be used for the most basic of daytime looks or layered together to create a really sexy, modern smokey eye.
If you’ve always loved a smokey eye but found the typical black and brown shades too harsh, this updated spin on classic brown will be your new go-to. Inspired by the ethereal Antelope Canyon in Arizona, dusty pinks and burnished browns mixed with earthy berry metallics and creamy sand shades are perfect for layering up a romantically-rich smokey eye or sweeping on for a laidback daytime look.
Purple is huge for fall, and this dreamy, hazy palette includes shades of smokey plum, dusty mauve, pink clay and burnt hazelnut mixed with soft twinkles of deep berry, misty violet, and burnished bronze. These shades look so divine on the lids, and are perfect for smokey and natural glam looks for daytime, nighttime and beyond.
My Tips and Tricks For a Modern Smokey Eye:
1. Start by slowly building your base with matte shadows all over the lid. You can always build up to a deeper, more intense shade after – not all deep shades have to be bold and graphic.
2. Blend out deep matte shades with a dry, fluffy brush to give definition and shape to the eyes.
3. For a soft, pigmented pop of shimmer, use the tip of your finger or a dense flat brush to pick up the metallic and shimmer shades, pressing them lightly onto the lid.
4. I also love to use the shimmer toppers and metallics to line the lower lash. Use a small smudge brush or press them into the inner corners for a soft, subtle highlight that will make your eyes pop.
5. For more intense, full coverage, build using your finger, a damp, flat brush or a sponge applicator, and press a layer of metallic shadow pigment on top.
How to Create a Soft Daytime Look:
- Build a light base by using matte shades, then add a shimmery shadow topper across the lid with your finger or a flat brush, for a dreamy, pearlescent glow.
- Swipe the shimmers directly onto your lid for a pop of dynamic color.
Each Haze Obsessions palette can be worn individually, or layer them up together – each palette has complementing and dynamic shades that work beautifully together.
Lip Haze Liquid Matte Minis
Power up your Haze look with a cohesive lip! We curated a selection of four Liquid Matte minis to complement the Haze Obsessions eyeshadow palettes, and we even created three new exclusive shades in hazy hues of spicy pink and rich browns – meet Savage, Legend and Billionaire! We teamed up these stunning new colors with our best-selling Venus shade in our super comfortable and long-lasting liquid formula.
I cannot wait to see the looks you guys create with these!