Your skin barrier is the outermost layer of our skin, and your skin’s biggest protector. It acts like a
wall as a first line of defence, fencing us against environmental stressors and keeping our internal
Here are the few reasons why maintaining our skin barrier is so important:
- Protects against external factors such as UV rays, pollution, humidity and so many
- Prevents moisture loss
- Fights aging
- Regulates your body temperature through sweating.
What are the signs of a damaged skin barrier?
- Inflammation – burning sensation accompanied by redness is a clear sign of something wrong.
- Dark spots and hyperpigmentation
- Rough, uneven texture
- Allergic reactions
- Fine lines and wrinkles – Vulnerability to harsh UV rays, dehydration and over-exfoliation are
major contributors to weaken the skin’s defence system. This affects the elasticity of the skin,
increasing tightness and making it more susceptible to break. This broken barrier is unable to
protect the skin against the sun’s ultraviolet damage leading to premature ageing, wrinkles and fine
- Dull and dehydrated skin
- Break outs – Those experiencing acne, pimples and breakouts can easily overlook the root of its
cause. These concerns are often associated with hormonal changes, genetics, oil production, dead
cell buildup and other factors, however a major contributor is a damaged skin barrier that is unable
to fight the bacteria and irritants that penetrate into the skin with its weak defence system.
- Eczema like rashes – When your skin barrier is damaged, it is unable to keep external
aggressors at bay allowing them to seep in through the creeks and cracks.
How can you repair and prevent a damaged skin barrier?
- Use cooling products to soothe the skin.
- Reduce sun expose and always wear sunscreen
- Avoid over exfoliation especially if you have sensitive skin
And importantly, it is best introduce a product with hydrating and restoration properties to repair and
retain your skin barrier.
The Be Radiance Multi-Purpose Oil repairs and protects your skin barrier. Clinically proven to reduce
redness, skin irritation, hyperpigmentation, and acne in just 14 days.
100% natural and packed with all the right stuff – rapeseed and vitamin E moisturize while Active
probiotics fight the signs of aging and helps with eczema and psoriasis . Dessert date oil reduces acne, as it penetrates the skin easily without clogging pores. This multipurpose oil can be used as part of your skin
care, a primer, mixed with your Be Radiance Foundation and as a makeup remover.
A damaged skin barrier is not a permanent problem and can be easily reversed by making these changes.
Simply boosting your hydration levels, protecting your skin from the harmful rays of the sun and using the
right ingredients to boost nourishment can replenish your skin making it look refreshing and youthful.