We love a good multipurpose hack, and surprisingly, eyeshadow offers plenty! If you’re the type who buys palettes just to have on display (we’re guilty AF here — our Naughty Nude is way too pretty), at least attempt to use them up within their recommended shelf life. And if you find it’s taking forever and a day to empty those eyeshadow pans, consider trialing these five hacks that’ll put all your cherished palettes to good use.
Hack #1: Brows
There’s nothing worse than losing a brow pencil — a beauty crisis that can wreak havoc on your entire day. But before you fall to pieces, trust us when we say a brown eyeshadow will do a good enough job.
- For sculpted brows, use an angled eyeliner brush and line the bottom of your brows, from the inner corners to the tail, with eyeshadow to create a more pronounced shape. Afterward, fill in your brow, applying color in gentle, upward strokes for a buildable and natural-looking finish.
- For fluffier brows, Hung Vanngo, Selena Gomez’s go-to makeup artist, showcased the most beautiful fluffy brow technique in an eye makeup tutorial he posted last week, using only brown eyeshadow and an eye blending brush — it’s that easy, just watch:
Hack #2, #3 and #4: Contour, Cheek & Highlighter Trio
Packing your contouring powder, blusher, and highlighter on a night out will honestly take up so much unnecessary space in your handbag. Instead, utilize a versatile nude palette like our new Brown Obsessions to accentuate your features beyond just the lids.
- For cheek contouring, use the dark brown eyeshadow in the bottom left corner of our Toffee Brown palette to define your cheekbones.
- For a subtle summery flush, our molten copper apricot shade from our Caramel Brown palette will give you dreamy, citrusy apples.
- For in-your-face highlights, we have a range of buttery pearl shimmers and metallics in all our palettes that you can easily dab over your cheekbones, brow bones, and Cupid’s bow for some top-notch luminosity.
Hack #5: Lip Liner
If you don’t follow @cocoaswatches (Ofunne Amaka) on the ‘Gram, you’re seriously missing out on some of her game-changing makeup hacks, like her eyeshadow as lip liner reel below:
We don’t know about you, but we’re trying this out stat! If you do too, remember to prep and moisturize your lips with a hydrating balm first for all-day lip comfort.